About Us: Stephen Burgess
Stephen Burgess is the principal Forensic Collision Investigator and Vehicle Examiner for SRB Collision Investigation Services.
After leaving HM Forces he joined Lancashire Police in 1990 and served for 23 years. In 1994 he was selected for road policing duties and carried out divisional traffic and motorway patrol duties until 2003 when he became a full time member of the Collision Investigation Unit. He has attended and passed many courses in relation to forensic collision investigation and the examination of all types and classes of motor vehicle, and continues his professional development by regularly attending courses and seminars.
He has investigated collisions on all types of roads ranging in severity from minor injury to multiple fatalities and has dealt with a number of high profile cases. He has prepared and reviewed a large number of files for the most serious criminal and traffic offences and has presented expert evidence in Magistrates, Crown, Civil and Coroners Court.
Qualifications & Experience:
Stephen is a member of the following organisations and professional bodies:
- The Society of Operations Engineers (MSOE).
- The Institute of Road Transport Engineers (MIRTE).
- The Institute of the Motor Industry (MIMI).
- Licentiate of the City and Guilds of London Institute (LCGI).
- He holds vetted status on the UK Register of Expert Witnesses.
He has also completed the following training courses:
- City and Guilds Police Forensic Collision Investigation.
- City and Guilds Motor Vehicle Inspection for Police Officers.
- City and Guilds Advanced Certificate in Motor Vehicle Inspection.
- City and Guilds Advanced Motorcycle Inspection.
- VOSA / Edexcel – Motor Vehicle Inspection Heavy Vehicle.
- VOSA Motorcycle MOT course.
- Goodyear Dunlop Tyre Design & Construction course.
- City and Guilds Tachograph Recording Equipment Systems, Chart Analysis & Enforcement.
- City and Guilds Tachograph Recording Equipment Systems and Calibration.
- City and Guilds Tachograph Digital Recording Equipment Systems Technology & Legislation.
- Stoneridge combined digital and analogue tachograph fitting training course.
- Forensic Analysis of Digital Tachograph Data course.
- TMS Consultancy Introduction to Road Safety Audit course.
- RAIS and Analysis of pedestrian and bicycle involved collisions course.
- AI Damage operator’s course.
- Sheffield University – Forensic investigation of vehicle light bulbs.
- Siemens – Incident Data Recorder training course.
- Vehicle Electronic Diagnostics training.
- IMI Examination of Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Course.
- OCR Certificates of Professional Competence in National Road Haulage Operations.
- OCR Certificates of Professional Competence in International Road Haulage Operations.
- OCR Certificates of Professional Competence in National Passenger Transport Operations.
- Bond Solon – Civil Procedure Rules for Expert Witnesses Certificate.
- Holder of a full motorcycle, LGV and PCV licence.
- Holder of a Driver Qualification Card for LGV and PCV.